Today we are beginning a mini series on tips for picking makeup that lasts through special occasions… like weddings, engagement parties, bachelorette parties, graduation ceremonies, etc. When the emotions run high at these happy occasions, and when the weather sometimes isn’t in your favor (hot sun, humidity, rain, etc.)—you need your makeup to stay put! So here are some basic tips to consider for a flawless face and rosy cheeks.
Face & Cheeks:
- Use a primer! This minimizes your pores and helps your makeup stay in place all day.
- Hide imperfections with the right concealer. Green neutralizes redness, yellow hides dark circles, and lavender hides yellowness.
- This seems obvious but it can be tricky: choose a foundation that matches your skin tone. Here is the tricky part, be sure to check it in both natural light and artificial light.
- Test drive your makeup base in photos to see if it matches your skin (better to know before you spend all the money on professional photography).
- Set your foundation with a translucent powder—this gives your makeup staying power without looking cakey.
- Get that radiant glow with an illuminator/highlighter. Apply your highlighter to the tops of your cheekbones, near the tear ducts, and just under the brows.
- To avoid looking too pale, we recommend using a subtle blush swept on the apple of your cheeks—it will bring more life to your face without looking overdone.
Of course if your really still concerned about making your makeup last you can always consult a makeup artist or salon that offers makeup services for the big day. They should know all of these tips already and can help relieve stress by applying it properly for you! At Y&L we offer hair, nail, and makeup packages that take away the stress starting at only $99. You can learn more about our services by going to our website (click here) and reading testimonials on Yelp (click here).