Today we’ve got some tips for picking makeup that lasts through special occasions… like weddings, engagement parties, bachelorette parties, graduation ceremonies, etc. When the emotions run high at these happy occasions, and when the weather sometimes isn’t in your favor (hot sun, humidity, rain, etc.)—you need your makeup to stay put! So here are some basic tips to consider for your eye & lip makeup.
- Use an eyeshadow primer to keep you makeup in place throughout the day and to prevent creasing.
- Choose waterproof mascara—this stuff will last through the tears of joy.
- Choose falsies—false lashes will give your eyes a beautiful look that lasts throughout the day without looking overdone. The most natural looking lashes have an invisible base.
- Choose a lasting lip color. We are partial to lip stains because they last without smudging off onto anyone you might be kissing!
- Use a lipliner the same shade as your lipstick/gloss to keep your pink pout in place (it prevents the lipstick from bleeding).
A really great tip for making sure your makeup is perfect and lasting for your big day is to test drive it and work with a stylists before the event. This makes sure that you are both on the same page and have the same vision (and allows you to go out for a night on the town looking extra fabulous). Choosing a makeup artist is definitely worth investing time in to make sure you get a great deal and great quality. At Y&L we offer hair, nail, and makeup packages that take away the stress starting at only $99. You can learn more about our services by going to our website (click here) and reading testimonials on Yelp (click here).