Did your days in the summer sun and swimming in the pool give your hair a beating? Or do cooler and drier fall days reek havoc on your tresses? If so we have a recipe for a natural DIY hydrating hair mask for you to try out today. It is sure to have your hair feeling balanced, soft, and happier! Oh and it’s all natural and made from easy to find and affordable ingredients—win, win, win!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp of wheatgerm oil or olive oil
- A few drops of essential oils, such as lavender, rose, or sweet orange
- Mash up all the ingredients in a bowl or a blender.
- Shampoo, comb out any tangles, and towel dry your hair.
- Apply the mask to your hair (including your scalp if you’d like).
- Cover it up with a shower cap and wrap it up in saran wrap. Allow the mask to sit for at least 15 minutes (but feel free to let it sit longer).
- Rinse out the mask in the shower, be sure to use a drain catch to keep banana and avocado from clogging the drain.
- Enjoy your happy hydrated hair!
Do you have any recipes for homemade hair treatments you’d like to share with our readers?