It’s always nice to give your body and mind a refreshing break from the stress of life and work. When we get busy we generally load up on caffeine, processed foods, and aren’t treating our skin as kind as we should. If you’ve been working hard and neglecting yourself we’ve got a treat that will set you back in the right direction.
Today at Y&L Style Bar we have two recipes that will help you safely remove toxins inside and out. This is not a detox program, but rather a supplement. You could substitute this smoothie for your normal breakfast or lunch one day and give this mask a try in the morning or evening. Eat a healthy dinner of fresh veggies to get the full benefits, and be sure to drink lots of water throughout the day. We promise your body and skin will feel renewed!
Facial Mask Recipe:
- ¼ cup white clay, plus more to thicken the mixture if necessary
- Pure aloe vera juice or purified/distilled water
- 2 drops of rosewood, lavender, frankincense, or chamomile essential oil
- Glass or ceramic bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Mix the clay and liquid together until it forms a smooth paste. Add your chosen essential oil.
- Using your fingers, apply the mask in a thin layer onto your freshly cleansed face and neck. Leave it on until it dries completely, about 15-25 minutes.
- Remove with warm water, and splash your clean face with cool water to close pores back up.
Green Detox Smoothie:
- 1 cup kale, collard greens, or spinach firmly packed, stems removed, coarsely chopped (4 ounces). You can use frozen if you want!
- 1 Granny Smith apple, coarsely chopped
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp stevia in the raw
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more water.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
If you want to add a little tang to your smoothie add the juice of one lemon, or 1-2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to the mix.
How do you like to recharge your body? What recipes or rituals do you like to use?