Fall and winter bring drier weather and chapped lips. There are plenty of companies selling lip exfoliators and scrubs that work well, but they cost a pretty penny! So instead save your coin for a more important beauty expenditure (like a trip to the salon) and make your own lip scrub. We’ve got a great recipe that you can whip up in minutes for pennies.
- 1 Tsp Coconut Oil (If you don’t have coconut oil you can use olive or almond oil, but coconut has antifungal and antibacterial properties that make it better for storing).
- 1/4 Tsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Stirrer For Mixing
- Plastic or Glass Jar For Storage
- Warm up the coconut oil in a microwave or on the stove so that it liquifies and will mix easier.
- Pour the coconut oil, honey and brown sugar into a jar or container with a capacity of around 1/4 cup.
- Mix to combine the ingredients.
- Wet your lips and using a clean finger apply some scrub and gently exfoliate the skin on your lips.
- Rinse with warm water and apply your favorite balm.
- Store in the jar with a tight lid.
This scrub is super tasty and easy to make, and will have your lips looking fresh in no time flat. Oh and the scrub would make a really cute and simple christmas gift for friends! You can get creative with the packaging and even add an essential oil for fragrance.
Do you currently use a lip scrub? Have you ever tried making your own? If you do try this let us know what you think 🙂