Last week we shared a recipe for a sweet little lip scrub, and today we’ve got a recipe for a soothing oatmeal & lavender face scrub. With cooler and drier weather, our skin needs a little pick me up and gentle exfoliation to keep it looking fresh. Did I mention that this recipe would make a fantastic (and affordable) christmas gift for the natural beauty in your life. Just store the scrub in a pretty jar & decorate with a handmade label!
Oatmeal soothes sensitive and irritated skin, and lavender is a calming essential oil. It is a really gentle exfoliant and works perfectly for many skin types! It is important that the lavender flowers are completely dried (if you are using lavender from your own garden) to prevent the scrub from spoiling. The scrub should last about 6 months stored in an airtight jar.
- 1 cup ground organic oatmeal (if you can’t find ground oatmeal, grind at home in a food processor or coffee grinder)
- 1/2 cup dry lavender flowers, stripped of stalks (you can find these in bulk at grocery stores like Whole Foods, or order online from Mountain Rose Herbs)
- 1/2 cup organic powdered milk (either whole or nonfat)
- 2 tsp organic cornmeal
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and store in air tight jar.
- To use the scrub, wash your face, and apply the scrub on damp skin.
- Massage with light pressure and rinse with warm water.
Have you ever used an oatmeal scrub before?