So we shared a recipe for DIY cold cream a while back, a product that we love to use for gently removing our eye makeup. Today though we have an alternative to cold cream that will remove eyeliner and mascara—without the borax! It is super affordable and extremely easy. The great thing about this makeup remover is it will not leave your skin greasy or oily, and it won’t sting. You can even dip a clean cotton swab in it and use the swab to touch up stray mascara or eyeliner!
- 2 tbsp witch hazel – 100% pure witch hazel not the kind that is mixed with alcohol. T.N. Dickinson’s Pure Witch Hazel will do the trick!
- 2 tbsp oil of your choice – olive oil works well here and is very affordable. Opt for organic when possible.
- 2 tbsp distilled water – it is crucial that the water is distilled to prevent the makeup remover from spoiling.
- Add all the ingredients to the airtight container of your choice. Reusing an old bottle is a great alternative or you could pick up a pretty glass bottle.
- Shake well before using.
- Apply the makeup remover on eyes with clean fingers, a reusable makeup removing pad, or moisten cotton ball and swipe over eyes.
This recipe makes about 1/3 cup of makeup remover and will remain fresh for at least 6 months if you use distilled water. To make your makeup remover last longer be sure to never put dirty fingers or cloth into the bottle. Let us know what you think of this recipe, and if you have any suggestions please share!