We hope you guys had a great Christmas! When we last talked we started thinking about the freshness that a new year brings. What’s better than a new look to start off the new year? We’ve been playing around with a natural makeup look and here is what we’ve come up with so far! Check out the transformation, we are pretty happy with the results.
It’s pretty simple the basic rules or steps to follow are:
- Thoroughly wash, dry, and moisturize your face. Fresh skin is essential to achieving a great natural look.
- Apply a tinted moisturizer and set with a powder (optional) for a flawless complexion. We use Jane Iredale BB Cream and Everyday Minerals Matte Mineral Foundation.
- Apply eyelid primer and touch up dark circles and imperfections with concealer. We are using Erzulie’s Erase Paste and The All Natural Face’s Magic Vegan Eye Shadow Primer.
- Apply a neutral shadow to lids. We used a light bronzy shadow from Everyday Minerals.
- Add eyeliner to the top lash line and dot the bottom lash line. Jane Iredale’s eye pencil in black will do the trick. Try dusting lightly with a black shadow for a nice soft effect. Even though we love eyeliner the key to a more natural look is to keep it simple so we did most of the work on the upper lids and left the lower lids pretty bare.
- Highlight important areas (inner and outer corners, under brows). Highlighting concealers from Everyday Minerals work great. We recommend applying powder highlighter with a fluffy brush so you can buff it out into your foundation. Apply a pink highlighter with a concealer brush to achieve a more defined line on your inner corners.
- DOUBLE DUTY: Apply a pretty cream blush on your lips and cheeks. We are rocking Erzulie’s Lip/Blush Colorstick in Zoe. We love multipurpose products! We even dabbed a little bit of this blush on our lids for a subtle pinky hue!
- Apply 2 coats of mascara for long lashes. We are using a basic black mascara from Jane Iredale. If you have lighter hair a brown mascara would be a nice natural looking option.
Pretty simple huh? Remember the key is to get flawless looking skin and highlight well! Have you rocked a natural look before or is it something you are looking to perfect? Let us know if you have any questions!