Today we’ve got the perfect DIY spa recipe (adapted from Green Beauty Recipes) that delivers the TLC your hands deserve. This would be great if you work a lot with you hands or if winter weather has them dry. If you are doing an at home spa day or manicure why not try this mask after shaping your nails and trimming cuticles? All you need are 4 simple ingredients for softer, happier hands 🙂
- 2 tbsp fine sugar or salt
- 1 tbsp honey or agave
- 1 raw egg yolk OR 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp full-fat cream (you could use soy if you are only using vegan products)
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- Apply a generous layer of the mask to your hands and massage it into your fingertips. Or if you are lucky get someone to do it for you.
- Put on some gloves or plastic bags and let the mask sit for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes you can rinse off the mask with warm water.
*** You can only store this mixture in your fridge for a week if you use olive oil instead of an egg.
If you are looking for some fun ways to change up this mask consider adding your favorite essential oils. Lavender works great for relaxing, but citrus essential oils would be perfect in a salt mask.
How do you keep your hands looking healthy during the winter?