Sometimes your skin needs a little refreshing, but abrasive scrubs can just be too much. Today we’ve got a recipe for a mask or smoother that provides very gentle exfoliation and leaves your skin so soft and smooth! The best part is you can mix up the dry ingredients and store them in a jar for an easy mask/smoother anytime!
- 1/2 cup ground oatmeal (you can grind oats in a food processor or coffee grinder)
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- Purified water
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Put the ingredients in a glass jar or storage container of your choice. It should keep for at least 6 months stored this way.
- To create a scrub or mask add 2 tsp. of scrub mixture with 1 to 2 tsp water until a paste is formed.
- Let the mixture stand and thicken for 1 minute.
- Apply with your fingers and massage into your face and throat. If you are using it as a scrub rinse with water, if you are using it as a mask let it sit and dry for 20 to 30 minutes.
A fun variation would be adding ground dried lavender or chamomile tea leaves for an extra soothing experience! Have you used an oatmeal mask before?