Today we’ve got a simple recipe that will recharge your hair’s moisture all year long: from the cold winter months all the way to the hot and sunny summer days. This treatment is also crucial if you regularly dry, straighten, or color your hair. All three things strip hair of it’s natural oils leading to split ends and straw like strands (yuck). To replenish moisture and shine try this DIY deep conditioner 1-2 times a week, and we are sure you’ll see results.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. raw, cold-pressed coconut oil
- Small glass bowl
- Spoon for mixing
- In a microwave safe glass bowl, heat and melt the coconut oil in 30 second increments.
- Add the olive oil to the bowl and stir to combine. Make sure it’s not too hot to touch by feeling the bowl.
- Then use your hands to apply the oil mixture to your hair, focusing on the ends and leaving your scalp alone. Comb through the oil to make sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Put your hair into a braid, or a top knot, or cover with a shower cap and let it sit for at least 3-4 hours. If you really want to condition your hair apply this right before bed and rinse out in the morning.
- After 3-4 hours you can shampoo and condition as normal. Repeat 1-2 times a week for optimal results.
How do you get your hair into tip-top shape?