Hello there lovelies! We hope you enjoyed our summertime eye makeup tips last week 🙂 And as promised, we wanted to share some tips for keeping your foundation, blush, bronzer, and concealer in place this summer even in the bright sun and warm temperatures! Similar to eye makeup the biggest issues are melting & creasing of your makeup.
- Always start with a primer. Just like you prime your eyelids, you need to prime your face if you want to ensure that your makeup stays crease free and in place all day. We are big fans of Korres Face Primer, available for $28 from Sephora. This stuff is free of silicone, parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, mineral oil, synthetic dyes & fragrances, and other unpleasant ingredients! It smells amazing and a little bit goes a long way, so even with a heftier price tag, it’s a good investment.
- Ditch heavy creamy foundations and opt for tinted moisturizers or BB creams instead. Thick liquid foundation is way more likely to melt and crease. So take the opportunity to lighten up your face makeup in the summer. Use your favorite tinted moisturizer or BB Cream. We’ve mentioned it before, but we LOVE Jane Iredale’s Glow Time BB Cream available for $48 online or in stores at Pharmaca. With a higher price tag, you can take comfort knowing this BB Cream will last you all year!
- Set your BB cream or tinted moisturizer with a lightly tinted or translucent loose powder. To reduce shine and keep your makeup in place take a fluffy brush and lightly dust a translucent or lightly tinted mineral powder on your face. We love Everyday Mineral’s Finishing Dust on sale right now for $6.99, normally $12.99.
- Choose a densely pigmented concealer that is creamy (not liquidy) to hide circles and lines. The sun can melt and shine right through lightly pigmented concealers, revealing dark circles, blemishes, and other things you’d rather hide. Again we love the affordable and natural Erzulie Mineral Erase Cream in Light/Medium Light (just $8.50/pot). Just apply the concealer with your ring finger to hide under eye circles and brush to conceal blemishes!
- Ditch the powder and go with a creamy blush during the warmer months. Sweat and powder blush don’t mix well. We love The All Natural Face’s Vegan Cream Blush in Peachy Rose, available for $4 online. Our favorite splurge cream blush is Jane Iredale In Touch Cream Blush available for $28 online and in stores at Pharmaca. So apply a cream blush to the apples of your cheek and blend with your finger tips or a brush.
- Apply in the right places. Bronzer is fantastic during the summer. Who doesn’t want to look like a glowing goddess? Just be sure to keep it classy and natural looking by applying in the right places. Apply bronzer just to the high points of your face, where the sun naturally hits you: on your forehead, cheekbones, chin, and nose. If you want a creamy bronzer option, we love The All Natural Face’s Vegan Cream Lip/Cheek Highlighter available for $5.75 online.
What are your favorite meltproof makeup products?