Hey there Y&L readers 🙂 Happy Friday! Today we wanted to share some summer beauty recipes featuring a warm weather ingredient—avocados! Avocadoes are great for moisturizing and soothing skin and hair that’s been dried out from a day at the beach or pool! So this weekend treat yourself to one of these at-home spa remedies.
Avocado Face Mask
- 1/2 a very ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Peel the avocado and mash it well.
- Add the honey and coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Apply to a clean dry face, avoiding your eyes, and leave on for about 10-15 minutes.
- After your mask had time to work it’s magic, take a warm wet wash cloth and wipe your face clean.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 an avocado
- Whisk together the egg yolk, extra-virgin olive oil, and honey together in a small bowl.
- Mash in 1/2 of an avocado with a fork.
- While you’re in the shower, apply the paste first to the ends of your hair and then all over your hair.
- Let it soak into your strands for 15 to 20 minutes, rinse it out, shampoo, and then rinse