Perhaps one of your resolutions for 2013 was to better about moisturizing? Or perhaps this winter weather has your skin dry and irritated? This recipe for Firming Eye Oil was adapted from Julie Gabriel’s book Green Beauty Recipes. The ingredients are pretty easy to pick up at a Whole Foods, Natural Grocery Store, or order online. Whenever you are applying an eye cream or oil be sure to pat the moisturizer into your delicate skin around your eye. RESIST THE URGE TO RUB AND PULL! That damages the sensitive skin around your eyes and works to undo what this beautiful oil is made for. We like applying this oil after we are all washed up and ready for bed. The oil may be a little too much for under makeup in the AM.
- 2 tbsp. sweet almond oil
- 2 tbsp. evening primrose oil
- 1 tsp. rosehip oil
- 20 drops black currant oil (you can find this in the supplement section in capsules. Just break open the capsules and add to your mixture.)
- 1 ml vitamin E
- 1 2 or 3 oz very clean glass bottle with dropper applicator (we love the blue bottles that Whole Foods carries sometimes!)
- 1 small funnel
- Make sure the bottle is very clean to prevent anything weird from growing in your oil.
- Pour all the ingredients into your glass bottle (here is where the funnel might come in handy). Put the lid on it and shake it to mix thoroughly.
- We recommend shaking it before each use.
- To apply simply shake, then use the dropper to get some oil. Drop a few drops on your finger and pat onto clean skin. Remember pat the moisturizer in, don’t rub!
This firming eye oil will keep for about a year if stored in a cool, clean place. What do you usually do to take care of your delicate eye area?