Whether or not you are traveling for business or pleasure you still want to get off the plane looking refreshed. Today we’ve got some tips to share to keep you looking your best even if you are on a red-eye flight!
- Moisturize thoroughly before you fly! Traveling dries your skin out, so the night before your flight use a richer moisturizer, and don’t skimp the day off. Pack a travel sized non-comdogenic moisturizer to freshen up with in case your skin gets really dry during travel.
- Pack the right stuff. Invest in nice travel bottles and containers so that you can bring your normal skin care regimen with you. Changing products abruptly can cause breakouts, and nobody wants that. We love Humangear’s GoToob bottles. You can pick up a 3 pack from Amazon for $18.24, and we promise they are worth ever penny!
- Skip the foundation… if you can. The day of your trip it is best to skip wearing your regular foundation and just use a moisturizer. When you are about to land apply a tinted moisturizer for a fresh look. If you simply cannot go without foundation be sure to use a primer to help it stay in place and protect your skin.
- Keep oil at bay. To keep oil under control and prevent skin care havoc, use blotting papers to remove oil from your T-zone during and after a flight.
- Don’t touch your face! We repeat, DO NOT touch your face during your travels. Your hands will be picking up all kinds of bacteria that could clog your pores and break you out.
- Refresh your face and neck with a rose water spray. Spritzing rosewater spray over your makeup revives tired skin and freshens up your makeup.
- Don’t apply makeup over old makeup. If your makeup needs refreshing go with tip #5 and use a refreshing rose water or mineral mist to reset it.
- Opt for a lip stain and gloss for a fresh pout. Don’t use a drying long-lasting lip color. Instead apply several coats of lip stain and follow up with a hydrating gloss or lip balm. Just before you get off the plane clean your lips with a paper towel and reapply gloss.
- Skip brightly colored nail polish. As much as we love bright neon nails, the truth is traveling can be rough on your hands and chip your polish, leaving your hands looking unfinished. Choose a more neutral color or just go with a clear top coat.
- Use a waterproof and smudge-proof mascara. To avoid raccoon eyes it is best to go with a long lasting mascara that won’t smudge onto your eyelids. For the same reason don’t use cream eyeshadows that will end up in your creases.
- Use a waterproof and smudge-proof eyeliner. Eyeliner is a must have for me personally, so to keep it in place take the following steps: use a primer or dust your eyelids in a neutral shadow, apply a smudge-proof pencil line, and follow up with a coat of waterproof liquid eyeliner.
- Pack a multitasking concealer. To cover up any blemishes or dark circles just before you get off the plane pack a concealer that can do it all. We love the Multitasking Mineral Based Concealer from Everyday Minerals (click here to see it) and Jane Iredale’s Disappear Concealer With Green Tea Extract (click here to see it).
What beauty tips and tricks have you picked up during your travels?