Leave-in conditioners are great for many reasons. They detangle hair, add shine, and most importantly add moisture. If you live in a dry climate, or if the winter weather is wreaking havoc on your hair we’ve got some simple alternative sto expensive leave-in conditioners! You can whip up these conditioning sprays with things you likely have at home. Store your conditioning spray in an old spray bottle (thoroughly washed) or any spray bottle of your choice.
Super Simple Leave-In Conditioning Spray
- 3 oz. distilled water (this will prevent bacteria from growing)
- 1 oz. olive oil or almond oil
- 1 oz. of your favorite conditioner (we love Yest To Carrots!)
- 1 spray bottle
Combine all ingredients in a clean spray bottle. Shake well before each use. Mist over damp hair like you would any other conditioning spray!
All Natural Leave-In Conditioning Spray
- 2 fluid oz aloe vera gel (be sure it is 100% aloe vera gel, otherwise you’ll get yucky additives)
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 5 drops jojoba oil
- Optional: small amount of vegetable glycerin, only if you let your hair air-dry
- Distilled water
- 4 oz spray bottle
- Combine the aloe vera gel through the vegetable glycerin in the 4 oz. spray bottle.
- Add distilled water to fill the bottle.
- Shake to mix before each use.
This spray works amazingly well as a detangler, a leave-in conditioner, and a curl refresher!
Do you use a leave-in conditioner?